5th Day - Back in the Valley

 Monday, July 11, 2022 I was back in the valley...

My interview for "Women of Trades" was postponed for Tuesday due to scheduling with other participants that would be essential for that day and a fire that occurred on our reservation (Medicine Valley Area).  The part of the reservation that was affected had our Fiber Optics on the Power Poles that were burned up and needing to reset. Myself and co-worker were on standby just in case there were major outages that needed to be repaired immediately. Fortunately, our lineman kept and eye on it and documented the damage that was potentially done or could be done.  

Due to the heat and fire still active we were told to wait further instruction until tomorrow since we couldn't work on it right away for safety reasons as there was emergency response vehicles congesting the area and we could be in the way of that.  

Although the interview was pushed back I felt there was a convenience in coming back to be able to standby and do an overview of the fiber optics and route that could and would be potentially affected so I could have that information to present first thing in the morning with Support Services, our GM and other fiber technician.  

During the evening I was able to drop by my parents and visit them for a bit to make sure they were doing ok and if they needed any help around the house.  I had to immunize our Maltese Puppies Baby Bear and Tweety. It was an overall good visit and glad I was able to help my parents with that. They certainly missed me since I'm over everyday and they definitely miss the boys but are still in Wellpinit with their other Grandparents. 

Below you will find videos of the day...








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7th Day - Destination, Deschutes National Forest

4th Day - My Temporary Departure