7th Day - Destination, Deschutes National Forest

Wednesday, July 13th 2022, The 8 hour drive to Deschutes: My 7th Day

The 8 hour drive turned into a 12 hour drive due to some complications in directions when we got to Bend, Oregon. It was definitely an adventure from start to finish. Again I am in my own car due to having to make the travel home during the middle of this trip.  It truly works out for me because I get motion sickness and Claustrophobic in tight spaces while in moving vehicles.  I cruised, blasting my music and some podcasts and ended up being 1 hour and 25 minutes ahead of everyone so I waited at Biggs, Oregon for them. Every time I cross that bridge I yelled “FISH ON” towards John Day Dam where my late brother loved to be and fish all day, its always an emotional feeling, but always leave with a smile because I know that’s probably what he’s up to and I can see him smiling and hear his voice. (Ok I have to stop with those details, they’re sacred details to me and I’m ready to tear up in front of everyone while writing this).  

Ate our dinner in Bend and made the beautiful drive thru the Deschutes National Forest, and now I can’t wait to take my family here and camp, fish, hike, swim and kayak. I would love to bring my puppers to. Hopefully try and make this happen this summer with my loved ones. Set up  camp, made a fire, had friendly conversation with half of campmates at mine and Agnes’s site. Lots of laughs with our Native Humor but we had to call it a night after noticing everyone was getting more and more silent.

Goodnight everyone, lets hope there is no pinecone or root system under my tent lol.


 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5th Day - Back in the Valley

4th Day - My Temporary Departure